If you believe your consumption is higher than normal you could have a possible leak. The first step to find out is for us to come check your meter. We will notify you if we feel there is a possible leak.
Here are some tips on how to conserve your water usage:
- Fix faucet, toilet and shower head leaks.
- Use the dishwasher and washing machines only with full loads.
- Don't run water continuously for vegetable and dish washing.
- Don't let the water run while brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Use a broom to clean driveways, walks or patios.
- Take showers rather than baths, keep them short.
- Water the lawn in early morning or evening to avoid evaporation.
- Keep grass at least two inches high to shade roots.
- Don't run tap to get cold water. Instead keep a bottle in the refrigerator.
- Install low-flow toilet (1.6 gallon per flush)
- Install a low- flow shower head.
- Insulate your water heater and pipes.
- Water trees slowly, deeply and infrequently to encourage deep rooting.
- Aerate regularly, and use mulch to reduce evaporation.
- Use a sponge and a bucket of water to wash the car.